Research Activities, Blogs, and Open Source Projects by Jens von Pilgrim
(only selected talks with online material, also see conferences and workshops)
- [EclipseCon2016] N4JS - Sound Static Type System For ECMAScript 2015 And More. Presented at EclipseCon Europe, November 2016, Ludgwigsburg, Germany.  (30 min, Eclipse Channel), Session Detail -- N4JS is an open-source super-set of ECMAScript and an IDE for N4JS and ECMAScript, providing a sound type system.
- - International Workshop on Methodical Development of Modeling Tools @ EDOC 2015 (ModTools'15) (Co-Organizer)
- - International Workshop on Methodical Development of Modeling Tools @ EDOC 2014 (ModTools'14) (Co-Organizer)
- - 10th IEEE International Conference on e-Business Engineering (ICEBE 2013), Service Engineering Track (PC)
- - Workshop on Methodical Development of Modeling Tools @ EDOC 2013 (MeDMoT'13) (Co-Organizer)
- - 3. Workshop Methodische Entwicklung von Modellierungswerkzeugen @ Informatik 2011 (MEMWe2011) (PC)
- - 2. Workshop Methodische Entwicklung von Modellierungswerkzeugen @ Informatik 2010 (MeMWe2010) (PC)
- - Workshop Methodische Entwicklung von Modellierungswerkzeugen @ Informatik 2009 (MeMWe2009) (PC)
Blogs and Twitter
- Jevopi's Developer Blog: http://jevopisdeveloperblog.blogspot.com/. Posts about programming, software engineering and Eclipse; listed at Planet Eclipse
- GEF3D Development Blog: http://gef3d.blogspot.com/. Posts about GEF3D, together with Kristian Duske; listed at Planet Eclipse
- jevopi's little blog: http://jevopi.blogspot.com/. More a personal notepad for technical things like LaTeX or OS X hacks.
- jevopi @ twitter: http://twitter.com/jensvp. Thoughts, ideas and comments about programming, software engineering and Eclipse
Open Source Projects
- N4JS is an extension of ECMAScript 2015 adding a static type system similar to Java 8 and other state-of-the-art programming paradigms such as dependency injection. It comes with an Eclipse based IDE and compiler. I lead the team at NumberFour AG developing N4JS and its IDE.
- GEF3D is a framework for 3D graphical editors based on Eclipse GEF. Developed in the context of my Ph.D. thesis, it has become an Eclipse Project meanwhile.
- Mitra2, the successor of the award winning Mitra language, is an operational model-to-model transformation language. Developed in the context of my Ph.D. thesis, it is now an open source project hosted on EclipseLabs at Google code. Its syntax is very Java-like, adding special features useful for model transformations, such as OCL-like collections (including iterator expressions), reflective expression, and multi-methods. It comes with a powerful IDE, provided as a set of Eclipse plugins, with features such as static error checking, content-assist, quickfixes, and most of all a graphical debugger. The engine is implemented as an interpreter, in order to enable live-debugging of models opened in your Eclipse IDE. Besides, it provides some special features for semi-automatic transformations, such as persistable trace-models.
- JavaToOmnigraffle (j2og)
JavaToOmniGraffle (j2og) adds a new menu entry to the Eclipse package explorer, so that you can automatically create class diagrams in OmniGraffle from your existing Java sources.